Wednesday, August 12, 2009

SlideShare

Hi Bloggers,

Slideshare was a whole new program to me as I had never heard of it before, therefore I didn't know what it was used for. After reading information from courseware website Moodle, I discovered that slideshare allows you to upload powerpoint files to a publicly viewable space. (Central Queensland university, 2009). It's basically like an online storage file however with different capabilities. I uploaded a powerpoint presentation which was used last week for a group oral presentation is the subject of Ensuring Student Success. The powerpoint presentation is embedded below.

I was surprised to see that when I uploaded the powerpoint presentation it turned into a video clip which could still be used similar to a powerpoint but made it a little extra exciting as opposed to the normal everyday presentation.

When students have got the skills down for powerpoint and know how to use it properly, to enhance their presentations they could then place it in the slideshare website where it gets turned into a clip. They could then further it and provide an audio clip or record a narrative file for this presentation. Unfortunately I was unable to provide the audio file of a narrative for this activity, as I'm still learning how to complete all those activities and I don't have access to a microphone in which I can complete this at the current time.



Cheers,
Courtney.

References

Central Queensland University. (2009). SlideShare. Retrieved on 15th august, 2009, from: http://moodle.cqu.edu.au/mod/resource/view.php?id=671

SlideShare. (2009). SlideShare: Present yourself. Retrieved on 14th August, 2009, from: http://www.slideshare.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment